Regular Homework in Year 5 and 6 (due in Wednesday 22nd January)
- Times Table Rockstars (Up to 30 minutes)
- The Grammar Worksheet (Up to 20 minutes)
- Read Theory quizzes or Bug Club (Up to 30 minutes)
- The Spelling List sent home (Look, cover, write check, every day)
- Fortnightly Foundation and/or maths tasks
Just a quick reminder that Reading Diaries should be signed by the child's guardian, it is good preparation for when they go to secondary school. Planners should be used by the children for various reasons such as recording homework and reading, extra-curricular clubs they attend and any other information they deem to be relevant.
Times table rockstars (TTR) and Read Theory
TTR is fantastic for the children recalling their multiplication and division skills. If these skills are cemented then it will help with their overall maths. I will regularly be setting 'Battle of the Bands' competitions e.g. girls vs boys, Year 5 vs Year 6 etc.
Read Theory is a website we have recently introduced.
It is a website to assist with their reading comprehension and we are already seeing the benefits with the pupils using it.