As a Church of England Primary School, in partnership with The Cathedral, Parish Churches, the Diocese, parents, carers, pupils and the community, and preserving the school’s religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England, we aim;
- To provide a happy, caring environment in which the Christian faith is central to the ethos of the school its teaching and its learning
- Through daily acts of worship and the way we conduct ourselves, to promote children’s spiritual development and endeavour to foster an appreciation of Christian values.
- To provide an environment where everyone is safe and secure and feels they can “have a go”
- To embed a caring and sharing culture where everyone is valued and respected, with equal opportunities for all
- To develop acceptable behaviour through courtesy, regard and sensitivity to others, building a positive sense of moral responsibility and self-discipline
- To enable each child to develop a sense of self-motivation and independence; fostering an enthusiastic and enquiring attitude towards learning, in order to become lifelong learners
- To provide an ethos of support, encouragement and challenge, enabling all to achieve
- To develop each child to the fullest extent of their ability, developing a sense of identity and self-esteem.