Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit), with an annual income below £16,190
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance, income related
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – with a household income of £7,400 or less (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Please visit https://pps.lgfl.org.uk/ where you can enter your details.
Once you open the above link please scroll down and click on 'check eligibility' you will then need to create a new account by clicking the blue 'proceed' button.
(Select Essex as the Local Authority and use the dropdown menu to find The Cathedral Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School CM1 1PA).
Once you have completed your application you will be advised directly if you are entitled to Free School Meals.
Universal Free School Meals
Since September 2014, all infant children (in reception and years 1 and 2) in state‐funded schools in England have been entitled to receive a free school meal at lunchtime under the Universal Infant Free School Meal programme.
However, if you are a low income family (in receipt of any of the above benefits) please complete eligibility check as above to apply for more funding to support the provision of education for children in the school.